Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gaze into Heaven

"But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God." Acts 7:55

This scene, when Stephen stands beholding God's glory and Jesus is glorious. Especially in contrast to the horizontal situation at the time.
The council that was standing infront of him was enraged and furios. Stephen didn't cower or feel sick with fear. He was far to enveloped in the heavenly scene that was before his eyes.
I might have seen the angry faces, the people bearing their teeth like snarreling dogs. I might have seen the grotesque distorted looks and the frantic outrage.
But Stephen did not. He saw the glory that surrounded the Father, he saw Jesus who stood near the Father's throne.
When I am frantically fearful, facing the crowd that hates me, in the heat of it with the enemy, I will not be tormented. I will look up and behold him who looks at me and sees his righteous child.

No comments:

Post a Comment