Friday, July 22, 2011

Generous-(adjective) liberal in giving or sharing

“And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts”. Acts 2:46



When I read “generous hearts” I thought of Pastor Jim and Patti. They are a couple who live and work and Potter's Field. They are the epitome of generous.



They are generous with their time, making their way up to Saturday morning breakfast even when it is 2 degrees outside. They are glad to have you linger for a warm conversation any time of day whether they are free or busy.



They are generous with their “stuff”. When you go over their house they’ll make sure you know “mi casa es su casa”, and you can tell they really mean it.



To me, I see this as such a God like characteristic because Christ chose to let us share in his inheritance. He chose to give us the Kingdom, to give us what belongs to Him. Even the earth we walk around on shows his generosity, because it belongs to Him.



If an act of open hearted generosity can bring a wounded Christian back to the warm love of Christ I will keep my eyes open for opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment