Friday, July 22, 2011

i don't need anything but You

“And all who believe were together and had all things in common.” Acts 2:44

I just heard a song from the musical Annie “together at last, together forever, we’re tying a knot they never can sever”.

If I’m part of Christ’s body of believers, isolation should be unnatural. In the past I have occasionally found myself skipping church to stay home and “relax” after a fast-paced and stressful week (so stingy with my time).

I love being here. Potter’s Field Ranch has taught me sooo much. But more than anything it has taught me about fellowship and openness.

I wake up every day to my friend’s faces, make small talk as we’re trying to wake up, spend meals, class, bible studies, kitchen patrol, cleaning, Sunday church, times of intense physical labor, and game nights together. The interns all move like a body here. I love not being able to get away from all of these crazy awesome people.

I love hearing laughter from down the dorm hallway at any time of day. I love seeing my brothers doing lame handshakes.I love when we are cleaning around the ranch and I can hear everyone singing to the music that’s on.

These things are simple, but I recite Psalm 133:1 in my mind daily here.

“Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brother’s dwell together in unity.”

I now I need to develop this unwavering constant fellowship everywhere I am, whenever I am together with believers. I know the enemy of my soul would have me isolated away from the joy that I find and the fruit that is produced when I am connected heart to heart with my family.

1 comment: