Friday, July 22, 2011

Awe Upon Every Soul

“And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.” Acts 2:43

After they had looked for Jesus in prayer, fellowship, and scripture, they beheld him. Awe came upon them. I’ve always interpreted this word to mean a sort of reverent, infatuated, amazement, and fear. This was a result of beholding Jesus. The apostles, in the midst of this crowd, were doing signs and wonders! Miraculous and wonderful signs that acted as a neon blinking arrow pointing to Christ.

I know I’ve gone through seasons of fear and awe. When God’s call and God’s moving where so visible. When the Lord’s will is on the forefront of your mind and engulfs your heart don’t you see the wonders more easily? Granted, the wonders we have seen may not be as grandiose as the miracles of the apostles. But when I am bursting at the seems in awe of God, I have seen wonders…

A single mom raising her children in the fear of the Lord with a million pounds on her shoulders,A girl with scars on her wrist from cutting accept the Gospel of Hope and Life,A parent who a cured of a sickness and the Doctors are not sure why.

I need to live in fear and awe and observe the signs and wonders that God delights to do in and around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment