Sunday, July 31, 2011

United

"But they cried with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together at him." Acts 7:57

They stopped their ears.
They refused to know.
They refused to accept who God was and what He was doing. The scariest part of this is that they were united in hatred and darkness in the same way that the early church was united in love and light.
Anger, offence, close-mindedness, rejection, violence, ignorance, hatred.
Thats what I see in these people.
It starkly contrasts the early church which is defined by Godliness. They were united in peace, earnest seeking, love, and brotherhood.
Today at Potter's Field Ranch I am blessed. I've been changed and grafted into a body of Christ followers. My flesh is prone to the same wickedness. But here, when I lash out, when I'm hard headed, they are patient. When I apologize, they forgive. I'm glad to have a place to grow. I'm glad that we here aren't united in anger, offence, closed-mindedness, rejection, violence, ignorance, or hatred. But in love and the fruits of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment